Agente Residente de Seguro de Viajes para una Firma
TYPE AND CLASSES:
2-41 Resident Travel Insurance Agent (Firm)
“TRAVEL INSURANCE” is defined by law as policies and certificates of travel insurance which may provide coverage for risks incidental to travel, planned travel, or accommodations while traveling, including, but not limited to, accidental death and dismemberment of a traveler; trip cancellation, interruption, or delay; loss of or damage to personal effects or travel documents; baggage delay; emergency medical travel or evacuation of a traveler; or medical, surgical, and hospital expenses related to an illness or emergency of a traveler. Any such policy or certificate may be issued for terms longer than 90 days, but each policy or certificate, other than a policy or certificate providing coverage for air ambulatory services only, must be limited to coverage for travel or use of accommodations of no longer than 90 days. The license may be issued only:
- To a full-time salaried employee of a common carrier or a full-time salaried employee or owner of a transportation ticket agency and may authorize the sale of such ticket policies only in connection with the sale of transportation tickets, or to the full-time salaried employee of such an agent. No such policy shall be for a duration of more than 48 hours or for the duration of a specified one-way trip or round trip; or
- To an individual that is:
- Promotores inmobiliarios de planes de tiempo compartido que estén sujetos a una declaración de oferta pública aprobada por el capítulo 721;
- Empresas de intercambio que lleven a cabo un programa de intercambio aprobado por el capítulo 721;
- Entidades administrativas que lleven a cabo un plan de tiempo compartido aprobado por el capítulo 721;
- Vendedores de viajes según la definición del capítulo 559; o
- Sucursales o filiales de cualquiera de las entidades descriptas anteriormente.
- The license may be issued only to a business entity that offers motor vehicles for rent or lease if insurance sales activities authorized by the license are in connection with and incidental to the rental or lease of a motor vehicle.
3. The license may be issued only to a business entity that offers motor vehicles for rent or lease if insurance sales activities authorized by the license are in connection with and incidental to the rental or lease of a motor vehicle.
- A license issued to a business entity that offers motor vehicles for rent or lease encompasses each office, branch office, employee, authorized representative located at a designated branch, or place of business making use of the entity’s business name in order to offer, solicit, and sell insurance.
- The application for licensure must list the name, address, and phone number for each office, branch office, or place of business that is to be covered by the license. The licensee shall notify the department of the name, address, and phone number of any new location that is to be covered by the license before the new office, branch office, or place of business engages in the sale of insurance pursuant to this paragraph. The licensee must notify the department within 30 days after closing or terminating an office, branch office, or place of business. Upon receipt of the notice, the department shall delete the office, branch office, or place of business from the license.
- A licensed and appointed entity is directly responsible and accountable for all acts of the licensee’s employees.
Una licencia requiere que todo empleado que ofrezca pólizas o certificados según lo estipulado en este subpárrafo reciba una capacitación inicial por parte de un agente de líneas generales o una aseguradora autorizada según el capítulo 624 para negociar seguros dentro de este estado. En el caso de las entidades que soliciten la licencia para operar como agentes de seguros de viaje, los requisitos de toma de huellas digitales de esta sección sólo rigen para el presidente, el secretario, el tesorero y para todo agente o persona a cargo de la dirección o control de las operaciones de seguros de viajes de la entidad.
STEPS TO OBTAIN RESIDENT 02-41 Resident Travel Insurance Firm License:
Step 1 - You must:
- Be an entity whose majority owner, partner, officer and director of the agency must not be an employee of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs or state service office, as referred to in Sección 626.833, Estatutos de la Florida.
Paso 2 - Solicitud:
Paso 3 - Huellas Digitales:
Paso 4 - Notificación(es) de Estado:
- Once an application has been submitted, you may check your MyProfile account for the status of your application. Deficiencies will be listed under the pending license type.
- Once all the above steps have been satisfied, the department will send your approval by email. You may then go to your MyProfile account and click the “Wallet” and/or “Letter” hyperlink(s), under the “Print Licenses” section, to generate a copy of your license for printing.
- Estatutos de la Florida 626.172 requires the Department issued agency certificate (license) to be prominently displayed in a manner that is clearly visible to any customer or potential customer who enters the agency.
- Each office, branch office or place of business making use of the entity’s business name must file an “Application for Branch Office” after the primary location obtains the license. Individual employees of the licensed firm are permitted to conduct business without obtaining an individual travel license.
- Third party access must be authorized by the licensee through MyProfile in order for the third party to manage the licensing submissions and changes on behalf of the licensee.
- Estatutos de la Florida Relacionados: s. 626.321(1)(c).