Important Information Regarding COVID-19 and Business Operations
Due to the response to COVID-19, Pearson Vue testing locations continue operating at a limited seating capacity.However on May 20, 2020, many third party testing locations in Florida began offering our exams, which made additional testing times available throughout the state. To search for test centers and register for exams, please visit https://home.pearsonvue.com/fl/insurance.
There continues to be over 40 LiveScan fingerprinting locations open in Florida. To search fingerprint locations and register for fingerprinting services, please visit www.L1enrollment.com/FLInsurance.
Due to limited testing availability, temporary licensing is now available for certain license types. See below for more detailed information about obtaining these licenses.
Estipendios CFO Directive 2020-07, Florida will begin issuing the following resident temporary licenses:
- Temporary Life and Variable Annuity Contracts (T2-14)
- Temporary Health (T2-40)
- Temporary Personal Lines (T20-44)
Key points of the Order:
- This Order applies to resident licenses only. Temporary non-resident licenses will not be issued. Qualifications for non-resident licenses remain the same.
- For the temporary licenses above, passing the state licensing examination is NOT required. ALL other qualifications for the licenses are required, including fingerprints, pre-licensing courses, etc.
- The temporary license applications can only be submitted through the applicant’s individual Mi Perfil account.
- If applicant intends to obtain the permanent version of the license, make sure to apply for both the temporary and permanent license on the same application. This will save the applicant an additional $50 application fee, plus help ensure the permanent license is issued once the test centers re-open, and the applicant passes the applicable state examination.
- Por favor haga clic aquí for instructions on applying for a temporary and permanent license in the same application.
- If the applicant ultimately wants a permanent 2-15 Life, Health and Variable Annuity license, the applicant should apply for the temporary T2-14 Temporary Life and Variable Annuity and T2-40 Temporary Health licenses AND the permanent 2-15 Life, Health and Variable Annuity license on the same application.
- A 2-20 General Lines pre-licensing course may be used to obtain the T20-44 Temporary Personal Lines license. Temporary General Lines licenses will NOT be issued.
- These temporary licenses will not show on the PDB, but will be displayed on the Department’s Buscar Titulares de Licencias.
- Appointments are still required. Appointments can be submitted through the Department’s eAppoint system.
- These temporary licenses will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance, or upon issuance of a permanent license of the same type and class, whichever occurs first.
- Permanent licenses still remain available for these license types IF the applicant qualifies via one of the avenues which exempts the state licensing exam (i.e. – transfer, certain designations, college degree and required college courses, etc). Review the individual página de requisitos for the applicable license type to review all the ways to qualify.
In order to continue operating efficiently, we strongly encourage individuals to utilize our Upload Documents feature through their Mi Perfil account to submit application deficiency documents, instead of emailing them to us. If the option to upload documents isn’t available in someone’s account, it will appear within 3 hours after submitting a new license application in our system. (Note: If an application is submitted through the NIPR, the option will appear once the application reaches our system, typically the day after the application is submitted to the NIPR.)