Welcome to The Pulse!
We're now in the peak of hurricane season and it's been predicted
to be an above-normal season this year, with 12 to 18 named storms and six to 10 hurricanes.
We saw Hurricane Irene make a close sweep along Florida's shores,
which is a vivid reminder to make sure Floridians have a financial plan in place to protect their family, home and business.
The Department of Financial Services is a valuable resource for you and your customers.
You can go to our Disaster Preparedness website
to download various tools and learn more.
Below are some good tips that can help you, your business and your customers prepare for an approaching storm:
- Retire dinero suficiente para tres a cinco días, ya que los cortes de energía y cierres pueden limitar su acceso.
- Asegúrese de tener todos los medicamentos recetados de todos los miembros de la familia.
- Take important financial papers with you in a waterproof container if you must evacuate, including insurance
papers for home, auto, business, passports, birth certificates, mortgage and other important documents.
- Gather copies of your household and business inventory and other documentation, including photos. This will assist the adjuster
in assessing the value of any destroyed property.
- Write down the names, addresses and claims-reporting telephone numbers of your home,
business, and auto insurance companies.
Make sure you have access to it if you are forced to evacuate your home
Please be sure to share your thoughts via our online
encuesta o emailing me.