**PHOTO RELEASE** CFO Jimmy Patronis Honors Florida’s 2021 FDLE Award Recipients
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Today, Florida Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Jimmy Patronis, Governor Ron DeSantis and the Florida Cabinet honored and recognized individuals from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) who were awarded special honors in 2021. These annual awards acknowledge the dedicated public servants who represent the State of Florida and work around the clock to keep Floridians safe.
CFO Jimmy Patronis said, “I am proud to have had the opportunity to recognize just a few of the brave men and women from our very own Florida Department of Law Enforcement. On behalf of the citizens of Florida, we are very thankful for all those in the law enforcement community who protect and serve our fellow Floridians 24/7, 365 days a year. Thank you all for your service and commitment to excellence!”
2021 Florida Department of Law Enforcement Awards Winners:
- Capitol Police Officer of the Year – Caleb Lewis
- Forensic Scientist of the year – Corey Crumbley
- Innovation of the Year – Biology LIMS Development Team
- Jesse B. Dobson Distinguished Member of the Year – Lindsay Rojas
- Distinguished Support Member of the Year – Jennifer Spatola
- Contribution to Criminal Justice – Orlando Regional Operations Center and Tallahassee Regional Operations Center Toxicology Team
- Excellence in Leadership – Chief Chris Johnson
- Commissioner’s Award – Shawn Johnson
- Distinguished Team of the year – Jacksonville Regional Operations Center Investigations and Forensics
- Jose Perez Special Agent of the Year – Special Agent Patricia Thompson
About CFO Jimmy Patronis
Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis is a statewide elected official and a member of Florida’s Cabinet who oversees the Department of Financial Services. CFO Patronis works each day to fight insurance fraud, support Florida’s firefighters, and ensure the state’s finances are stable to support economic growth in the state. Follow the activities of the Department on Facebook (FLDFS) y Twitter (@FLDFS).