**PHOTO & B-ROLL RELEASE** CFO & State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis Honors Florida’s Fallen Firefighters
|For Immediate Release: Friday, November 18, 2022|
Contact: Office of Communications, Communications@MyFloridaCFO.com, 850.413.2842
**PHOTO & B-ROLL RELEASE**
CFO & State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis Honors Florida’s Fallen Firefighters
To view and download the b-roll, click aquí.
OCALA, Fla. – Today, Florida Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis joined elected officials, members of the fire service community and their families at the Florida State Fire College in Ocala for a memorial event to pay tribute to Florida’s fallen firefighters. The names of 16 fallen firefighters will be etched on the Florida Fallen Firefighter Memorial at the Fire College.
CFO and State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis said, “Today, I had the distinct honor to attend the annual Fallen Firefighter Memorial Service and commemorate the bravery and sacrifice of Florida’s firefighters and fire service professionals. These heroes are ready to answer the call of duty at a moment’s notice. From 9/11 to the Surfside condo collapse and Hurricane Ian, these brave men and women willingly leave their families behind and run toward danger to save the lives of others.
“Please join me in honoring our fallen firefighters, the ones that answered the call but didn’t come home. The names etched on this memorial echo a costly reminder that selfless service does not come without sacrifice. Please pray for the families of these heroes who served alongside these first responders and supported them as they worked to protect us. God bless these heroes and their families. Their service and sacrifice will never be forgotten.”
A list of the honored fallen firefighters is below:
- Dennis Sams – Satellite Beach Fire Rescue
- Omar Bishr – City of Naples Fire Rescue
- David R. Anken – Florida Forrest Service
- Dustin C. Schieber – Seminole County Fire Department
- Scott E. Allender – Melbourne Fire Department
- Randell D. Burnham – Lake City Fire Department
- Giovanni Ciancio – Hillsborough County Fire Rescue
- Michael L. Freeland – Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department
- David H. Hackett – Hernando County Fire and Emergency Services
- Mario J. Moya – Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department
- Mitchell R. Weldon – Cocoa Fire Rescue
- Christopher Allen – Hollywood Fire and Rescue
- Douglas Clemons – Polk County Fire Rescue
- James S. Hunt – Melbourne Fire Department
- James N. Leonard – Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department
- George B. Newsome – Walton County Fire Rescue
For more information on Florida’s Fallen Firefighter Memorial, click aquí.
About CFO Jimmy Patronis
Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis is a statewide elected official and a member of Florida’s Cabinet who oversees the Department of Financial Services. CFO Patronis works each day to fight insurance fraud, support Florida’s firefighters, and ensure the state’s finances are stable to support economic growth in the state. Siga las actividades del Departamento en Facebook (FLDFS) y Twitter (@FLDFS).