RELEVANT FLORIDA STATUTES AND RULES
Chapter 497, Florida Statutes, contains laws by which the death care industry is regulated in the State of Florida, and is an important resource for both the consumer and those involved in the death care industry. Rule chapter 69K, Florida Administrative Code, contains the rules which implement chapter 497, Florida Statutes, and provides additional information for the regulation of the death care industry. Some other applicable statutes are linked for quick reference. Consumers, applicants, and licensees can review these rules and regulations to become familiar with the qualifications, requirements, and laws which apply to licensees in the deathcare industry.
OTHER FLORIDA STATUTES OF INTEREST
- Sección 382.008, Estatutos de la Florida – Death, fetal death, and nonviable birth registration.
- Sección 382.006, Estatutos de la Florida - Burial-transit permit
- Sección 382.007, Estatutos de la Florida – Final dispositions prohibited without burial-transit permit; records of dead bodies disposed
- Sección 704.08, Estatutos de la Florida – Cemeteries; right of ingress and egress for visiting or maintenance
- Sección 872.02, Estatutos de la Florida – Injuring or removing tomb or monument; disturbing contents of grave or tomb; penalties.
- Sección 872.05, Estatutos de la Florida – Unmarked human burials