Insurance Consumer Services
The Division of Insurance Consumer Services offers paid part-time positions for enrolled college and university students pursuing careers in risk management and insurance, and actuarial science.
This opportunity is offered as a paid Other Personnel Service (OPS) position.
These opportunities offer students an opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the insurance industry working as a regulator in one of the most complex insurance markets in the world. Successful students could potentially lead to being appointed to a permanent, professional position.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Complete resume including education, employment history, and contact information for previous employment.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, or professional.
- Cover letter describing interest in pursuing an internship with the Division of Insurance Consumer Services and future career goals.
Please submit your information above to ConsumerServicesJobs@myfloridacfo.com.
Resumes must be received at least one month prior to the applicant's potential/requested start date. The Division of Insurance Consumer Services will review applications, conduct interviews, and refer potential applicants to its various business units. The specific number of positions available at the Division is pre-determined based on the Division’s need.
Candidates will be notified of acceptance at least two weeks prior to the start date of employment. Interns are required to participate in New Employee Orientation and are expected to follow all policies and procedures of the Division.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in a state college, university, vocational-technical college, or community college.
- Ability to work a maximum of 20 hours per week.